Robertson Gymnastics Centre is committed to providing the highest levels of membership service, including protecting our member’s privacy. The aim of this policy is to ensure that personal information is handled responsibly and to provide a consistent approach to its collection, use, disclosure, access and protection.
This Privacy Statement contains the following important information the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our members, regarding the use of personal information: Robertson Gymnastics Centre (hereafter RGC) will review its Privacy Statement from time to time with the aim of improving it.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an individual who can be identified, or whose identity could be reasonably ascertained, from the information.
How we collect personal information
To deliver and enhance the services offered by our club, certain personal information is collected. RGC collects personal information from members that is volunteered when they:
- Register to become a club or technical member
- Sign up for a trial class or level evaluation
- Enter a Gymnastics event or participation program
- Participate in a Gymnastics course or workshop
- Purchase merchandise from up
- Request information from us,
- Provide information to one of our staff, or
- Participate in one of our survey
How we use personal information
We will only collect information that is necessary for us to carry out our primary purpose of providing services relating to: membership, education, events and merchandise.
Personal information is only used in the course of:
- Providing the services required
- Internal accounting and administration
- Regulatory reporting and compliance
- Helping us to identify and inform members about other products or services that may be of benefit.
If we send members any information about services or products they do not require, or they do not want us to disclose personal information to any other organisation (including related organisations) they can advise us accordingly by writing to our administration office.
If they do not advise us otherwise, they confirm agreement on their own behalf and/or on behalf of others they represent.
If they choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide them with the services required, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves. This includes the provision of membership benefits such as Insurance cover.
Types of personal information collected
RGC provides a range of services to gymnasts. As part of this service provision to gymnasts we collect personal information including the following;
- Contact details, names and addresses both residential and e-mail, positions held and/or title of individual.
- A record of the services utilized, by gymnasts and the means by which they pay for these services.
- Personal information about a range of contract businesses we deal with in the provision of our services, such as name, position, and the organization worked for and contact details.
- A record of the applications made by job seekers
- A record of both internal and external e-mails. Some of these e-mails may contain personal information.
- A record of the personal details of our contractors and external consultants, including contract and payment details.
When we disclose personal information
We disclose personal information to other organisations that we believe is necessary to assist in providing our services. This includes:
- Gymnastics Australia,
- Gymnastics Queensland,
- Our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers,
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
We limit the use and disclosure of any personal information provided by us to such organisations for the specific purpose for which we supplied it.
When members provide us with personal information about other individuals, we rely on them to have made these individuals aware that they will or may provide their information to us, the purposes we use it for, the types of third parties we disclose it to and how they can access it.
It should also be noted that the contact details provided by an Affiliate club member on affiliation will also be disclosed when we believe it is necessary to assist in providing our services. This may include disclose to the following:-
- Other Affiliate club members,
- Club membership enquires from the public,
- Other organisations for matters specifically related to Gymnastics.
Storage and security of personal information
RGC stores personal information on a local computer database and in a cloud storage facility. Member’s personal information may be held in both paper file and computer file form. We have implemented measures of a reasonable nature to ensure that all personal information about members is securely stored from misuse, loss and unauthorised handling.
Accuracy of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that whenever we collect, use or disclose personal information that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Gymnasts can update their contact details at any time by sending an email or letter to the attention of Administration, or Head Coach of RGC.
Correction of personal information
Where RGC holds personal information about an individual and that individual is able to demonstrate that the information is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, RGC will take steps to correct, complete or update the personal information.
A request for correction must be made and any personal information will only be changed after the individual has positively identified himself or herself.
It is the responsibility of the gymnast or guardian to make sure that their details are updated should they change.
Access to personal information
Members have a right to access their personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If a member would like to do so, they can gain access to their personal information by contacting or by writing to the RGC administration office. Alternatively, they may also advise us at any time about possible breaches of privacy, or inaccurate, incomplete personal information, that may have changed.
Audits-Ensuring ongoing compliance
Complaints of interference with Privacy
Any individual who believes that Robertson Gymnastics may have interfered with their right to privacy as set out in the National Privacy Principles and this Policy can make a complaint to the Owners or Head Coach by contacting the administration office.